London Marathon

Thursday 19 January 2012

Jantastic, Febulous Running Longer and Harder

With a new place to run and a new found energy, the running routine is slowly kicking back into gear. The is largely due to Marathon Talk's Spring Motivation - Jantastic. I've set my goal as being a minimum 3 runs per week, and at present I've stayed true to that commitment; with my longest runs being 10km.

Prior to the new year, the running had been slackening off considerably. Still managing to get out there for a run, I/we (Jess included) were only jogging when we felt like it or when circumstances allowed. This was due to the fact that we were moving, catching up with friends, trying to organise employment and driving head long into the festive season.

After coming back from the UK we focused on getting our lives in order rather than running; which is healthy I suppose, helps to feed the hunger again. Having said this, I was hoping that the resting period would be quicker, but I can't very well complain, the injuries have dried up for the moment.

So now I'm running more than I have for months and coupled with some regular situps, and occasional push ups, it should start to have a positive effect on my weight and general fitness. The next month - Febulous, will require me to run the minimum 3 runs per week but also nominate the distance of my longest run for the week. So for the four weeks in Feb, the plan will look like this.

Week 1: 7 miles
Week 2: 8 miles
Week 3: 9 miles
Week 4: 11 miles

Now with a bit of luck and management, I should be able to bank those long runs without injury or illness. My diet is improving and the nutrition of running is going to become more important. So onwards and upwards, and Febulous here I come!

B