London Marathon

Friday 13 April 2012

Right, lets try that again...

After a good solid couple of months of running through January and February my running has slipped considerably. I could think of a number of excuses such as hot weather, family visits to Melbourne, social events and busy work; but at the end of the day, I've been lazy, and now it's time to change the attitude. Today marks the end of this lazy behaviour and from now on, the running is going to be more frequent and more consistent. I don't necessarily have any distance targets at this stage as it's more about re-establishing better habits and a routine that I can maintain. So here are my targets for the next month...

1. Run at least 3 times a week
2. Try early morning runs to school
3. Cut unnecessary sugar from my diet

These are three things that should be manageable while at the same time, provide an adequate challenge for me, because at the moment my motivation and consistency is poor at best.

There will of course be an additional target for me to maintain, and that's a training diary ie. this blog. I need to publish my results on the blog as a way of monitoring my performance as well as being accountable for my targets. They may not be interesting or long notes but they will show me (on reflection) how my training is progressing and identify the obstacles and problems that crop up along the way.

B