London Marathon

Sunday 27 February 2011

Sun, Rain, Sore Nipples, and Gingerbread Men

As I sit and write this blog my legs are sore and a cold descends. The dark clouds of feeling poorly have well and truly begun to set their sights on my throat and nose. At this stage things don't seem to be too bad as my nose isn't yet runny, but deep down I know it's only a matter of time.
Aside from the doom and gloom surrounding my head our run this morning/ afternoon was a battle through Hyde Park. It began as a sunny and cheerful day with children and animals abundant throughout the park, however the day soon turned wet and cold about 6 miles in. Nonetheless we pursued the target of 16 miles (that's not to say that it was easy).
I have to admit that the run today was one of the hardest runs that I've had to do. It's fair to say that I haven't had the greatest week in terms of preparation. A sedentary week at home for half term, sickness as I've already mentioned and a twinge in the knee that still gave me a bit of bother during today's run have all contributed to feeling less than happy with my running. Thankfully, Jess has turned a corner and was there to pull me through, when I would have been quite happy to pack it in.
We persisted and completed what we set out to complete, albeit with sore nipples (not bloody) and with yet another loo break - that cheeky gingerbread man struck again.