London Marathon

Thursday 31 March 2011

Back from the brink

March was rubbish! Well for me anyway. Jess on the other hand had a normal March, running wise, but I struggled for fitness throughout. The calf tear had to be rested far too long for my liking and that led to me feeling quite down in the dumps about the whole marathon experience. Still confident of starting, it did leave me feeling a little depressed about my goals for the race. In the back of my mind I always though that we would be capable of running around 4:30:00, but with my now poor preparation in the last 5 weeks, that is now but a dream. On the other hand, I have become clearer about why I'm running the marathon in the first place. Jess and I set out to spend more time together and take part in something fantastic, as a focus for us both. It has certainly been that. So for this greater sense of perspective I am thankful. Jess has been an amazing runner over the period of my injury. It's really hard running on your own and she has not missed a run since i've been forced out by injury. 20 miles she did for her final run last Sunday - amazing! I'm so proud of her for doing that, it's not easy you know... The next two and a bit weeks for me will be a continuation of running right through to the big day i think. For Jess, it's taper time and she will back off on the training milage wise until the 17th April... Marathon day!! B