London Marathon

Friday 8 April 2011

44729 and 52539

At last we're at the taper week and the reality of the marathon is really hitting home. I've said farewell to those at school who have been supporting all the way, and now it's time to think seriously about how to attack the 26.2 miles that are just 9 days away. For me I'm still up and down psychologically, never 100% about my fitness. It's just self doubt creeping in I think. I ran 10 miles for the first time the other day and did it relatively easily, so deep down I know that me fitness is still there - just not as I would have hoped a month or so ago. Now coping with the tapering and feeling like I'm eating too much and not doing enough running in the lead up to the day. Jess made a good point when she said that it feels counter intuitive to do less running in the 3 weeks before the race; completely agree. Still, this Sunday we'll do a reccy to the start line and then do an easy 1hr run to keep the legs ticking over. The week to follow will be one of nerves and anticipation as we mentally prepare for Sunday 17th. We have the marathon expo on friday to attend so that we can get our numbers for our shirts and tags for teh shoes - exciting! Will post a photo when we have the shirts complete with names so you can imagine us running the miles through London. By the way, Jess and I reached our sponsorship targets this week and a big thank you is due to all those who sponsored, for me I would like to thank Cass Clyde for all her baking, enthusiasm, pavers, and initiative when it came to encouraging people to sponsor me. Love you Cass, could not have done it without you! B x